For Today. . .

Monday, April 19, 2010

Lois Calkins Flowers of the Month

One day I was browsing through some of Auntie's button cards and found one with twelve different ceramic buttons, each one with a different flower. "Hmmmm, what are these?" was my immediate thought. But I set them aside, only to return to them several months later. At that point I saw that she had written the name and address of Lois Calkins on the back of the card and dated it October 7, 1970.


This sent me on a quest to find out what I could. The Big Book of Buttons is generally my first resource, but I found no information there. There was nothing on the web. People from the Buttonbytes online group responded to my query with some nice information, but NONE of them had seen a complete set of the twelve buttons, which I've learned represent the Flowers of the Months.

The first six from this set of buttons is pictured here for general interest, since so many people have told me they have never seen the set in its entirety. (See my next post for the other six)

No comments:

Post a Comment