For Today. . .

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lesson From a Broken Button

When I found this beautiful Puss in Boots button in a glass jar filled with various buttons, I just KNEW I had found what my aunt called "a good one".  Without looking him up, I knew he had to be Puss in Boots. Remember that old story from when you were young? I do. Imagine my dismay, though,  when I turned the button over and saw that the shank was missing! This is not the button it used to be. That disappointment was compounded when a search of the Big Book of Buttons identified this one as scarce and that it sold for around $75 back in the early 1990s. My thought was that this button is too special to be less than what it was meant to be. I'd like to buy him from my cousin and have him repaired someday. Then I'll love him just as if he was never damaged.   Just having that thought made me take a little inventory of my life. I'm not all I was meant to be, either. But I thoroughly believe that in spite of my flaws, there is a plan for me.  I want to BE that person!

No comments:

Post a Comment